Author: Jimmy Song
Number Of Pages: 350
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
Release Date: 2019-04-04
Learn how to program a bitcoin library with this hands-on guide from one of the leading teachers on bitcoin and bitcoin programming. Author Jimmy Song shows you the basics, including the math, blocks, network, and transactions behind this popular cryptocurrency and its blockchain payment system. You’ll also learn how simplified payment verification and how proof-of-work works.
This book is ideal for programmers looking to change the course of their careers, enterprises exploring bitcoin applications, and students taking a college-level class. You can use this book as training tool to help you learn bitcoin concepts and then as a handy reference guide once you start to build your bitcoin library.
You’ll learn how to:
- Parse, validate, and create bitcoin transactions
- Use the Script smart contract language
- Verify proof-of-work to secure the blockchain
- Use Python libraries to program bitcoin
- Create your own testnet transaction
- Understand simplified payment verification and learn how light wallets work
- Explore public key cryptography at a fundamental level