Author: Lonely Planet
Brand: Lonely Planet
- Lonely Planet
Package Dimensions: 5.4 x 3.7 x 0.6 inches
Number Of Pages: 260
Publisher: Lonely Planet
Release Date: 2014-09-01
Lonely Planet: The world's #1 phrasebook publisher*
Lonely Planet Filipino Phrasebook & Dictionary is your handy passport to culturally enriching travels with the most relevant and useful Filipino phrases and vocabulary for all your travel needs. Ask for in-the-know recommendations of cosy tucked-away beaches, bargain at a vegetable market, and mingle on a boat trip; all with your trusted travel companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now!
Get More From Your Trip with Easy-to-Find Phrases for Every Travel Situation!
- Feel at ease with essential tips on culture, manners, idioms and multiple meanings
- Order with confidence, explain food allergies, and try new foods with the menu decoder
- Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
- Never get stuck for words with the 3500-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
- Be prepared for both common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
- Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
- Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet Filipino Phrasebook & Dictionary:
- Full-color throughout
- User-friendly layout organized by travel scenario categories
- Survival phrases inside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
- Convenient features include 'Listen For' (key phrases you may hear) and 'Look For' (key phrases you may see on signs)
- Basics - time, dates, numbers, amounts, pronunciation rules, reading tips, grammar rules
- Practical - travel with kids, disabled travellers, sightseeing, business, banking, post office, internet, phones, repairs, bargaining, accommodations, directions, border crossing, transport
- Social - introductions, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, romance, culture, activities, weather
- Safe Travel - emergencies, police, doctor, chemist, dentist, symptoms, conditions
- Food - ordering, at the market, at the bar, dishes, ingredients
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Filipino Phrasebook & Dictionary , a pocket-sized comprehensive language guide, provides on-the-go language assistance; great for language students and travellers looking to interact with locals and immerse themselves in local culture.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Aurora Santos Quinn.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet is the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, and has been connecting travellers and locals for over 25 years with phrasebooks for 120 languages, more than any other publisher! With an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community, Lonely Planet enables curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves. The world awaits!
Check out our Fast Talk Phrasebook mobile app for on-the-go language needs. (Available languages: German, Latin Spanish, European Spanish, French, and Italian.)
*#1 phrasebook publisher. Source: Nielsen Bookscan UK, US & AUS